Saturday 6 August 2016

Hello old friend! GoPro Hero 4 Black

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I recently gave up my job (essentially for life/work balance reasons) and while I am just enjoying a little 'holiday' at the moment - while I decide what I am going to do next - there is one small regret I have. When I left my job I had to hand back the department's GoPro Hero 3+ action camera. :(

Well, after much consideration, I decided I would miss this little camera option too much and went out and bought a new GoPro. I also took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest GoPro Hero 4 Black version...


As part of my videography strategy, I am focusing on mobility and 'run and gun' types of shooting and, therefore, I am trying to build a lightweight and compact kit. The GoPro fits this philosophy and will provide me with both the flexibility to do shots that I might not be able to do with whatever (heavier) 'A' camera I choose and also a convenient little 'B' cam.

The GoPro has a large variety of shooting modes - including 4K at 30 & 24 fps in ultra-wide angle - which will compliment my shooting style. But' at the same time, it won't add too much extra weight to my camera bag.

The next couple of weeks will be dedicated to experimenting with this little camera and working out just what I can do with it. Looking forward to this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment