Sunday 18 July 2021

I'm Back in 2021! Hits Reset...

 OK, unexplainable hiatus aside (too long a story) I am pushing the 'reset' button and starting my videoing adventures again, but with a far less ambitious 'hobbyist' approach! Hopefully this new 'relaxed attitude will encourage me to film more and be less uptight about NOT posting unless I'm really happy with the results I was getting - which proved to be a huge obstacle to productivity in my first attempt at this blog.

I'm now thinking of this blog as more of a personal journal or - as the vlogger Simon Horrocks of the 'Mobile Motion' channel terms it - a 'video sketchbook'.  

So what's changed to get me back into this? Well, essentially my upgrading to an iPhone 11. As far as I am concerned, this is the first smartphone I have owned that has the potential that meets my 'vision' for the kind of footage I would like to create.

Check out '9To5Macs' article on the iPhone 11's features.

iPhone 11 Video Spec Overview:

  • 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps.
  • 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps.
  • 720p HD video recording at 30 fps.
  • Extended dynamic range for video up to 60 fps.
  • Optical image stabilization for video (Wide)
  • 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 3x.
  • Audio zoom.
  • Brighter True Tone flash.

Here's a nice little movie done using the iPhone 11 by 'MarcusFilms' which will give you a feel for the footage you can get, a taster if you will...

My fits goal with this new camera will be to take a series of shot clips trying out the camera's various technical features - which I will post up here - in order that I can establish my own 'manual' of what I could do.

So, as I have intimated...Here we go again!

Beaty

No comments:

Post a Comment