Saturday 10 December 2016

Resetting GoPro 4 Wifi & Filming Settings

Typical! Just getting all set for my first GoPro shoot for a long while and guess what? I couldn't remember the camera's WiFi connection password, Which I need to remotely view my footage!

Luckily, humans being humans, this is a common issue and so there is plenty of help available on YouTube. Here's a tutorial I found most helpful (there are a few that aren't so clear)...



...I get the feeling - knowing me - that this won't be the last time I need this, hence posting this up!

One other note - Since I first got my GoPro I have changed mobile phones. I no longer have an iPhone and now have a Samsung Android phone, so I was worried whether there was a comparable GoPro app for my new phone. Short answer: Yes, there is and it's as good as the iPhone version!

GoPro Hero 4 Black filming Settings
Having sorted that slight 'technical issue' I thought I'd double check my filming settings in the GoPro. I knew I wanted to shoot in 4K at 24 frames per second, but was unsure what other settings I could adjust. The good news is that the Hero 4 includes a range of advanced filming settings which it calls 'Protunes', these are things like ISO adjustment, sharpness and colour profiles. Again, I found a couple of videos that explains these settings...





There are actually a lot of similar videos like these on YouTube and I strongly suggest you watch four of five to get a feel for what will work for you. Filming settings are somewhat subjective, but you need to now what each will effect so that YOU can make an informed decision about where to start. Even then, only experience will tell you what will be YOU'RE preferred settings.

Finger's crossed for Sunday's shoot - just some family Christmas fun, but I desperately need to the practise with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment