Monday 31 October 2016

The way of Fuji - Baby steps

Now I am recovering from my illness I am turning my attention back to all those projects I had on the go before my unexpected visit to hospital! Chief among those was starting to learn about my new Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera.

One of the problems I am having as someone who is new to the Fujifilm 'ecosystem' is that, because the X-T2 is so new, there aren't a lot of YouTube tutorials regarding 'set ups' (I guess everyone is in the same boat at the moment and just finding their way about). I hope tat will change, but in the meantime, I am having to rely on X-T1 tutorials to give me information on some of the control fundamentals.

The first thing I wanted to learn about was how to check and update my new camera's firmware. As a newly released camera I can imagine there may be an initial flurry of firmware updates as user feedback highlights any issues with the new camera, so I thought it best to be prepared. Luckily, there is a very informative YouTube tutorial by JC Photography which takes you through the Fuji firmware update process...



I couldn't actually find this process mentioned in the X-T2 manual, so this video is very welcome even if it is intended for the XE-1/X-T1 Fuji cameras. I next checked on the Fuji firmware site to see if there is an update available, but my firmware version (1.00) is the current release. You can check your Fuji camera version availability here: Fujifilm Global - Digital Camera Firmware.

My current X-T2 firmware menu looks like this...


I did some searching and, apparently, there is rumoured to be a firmware update release on the 8th of November (1.10), so I will let you know how I got on then (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment