Sunday 4 September 2016

Which memory cards for video?

Choosing which memory card to get for video can be a little confusing, all those numbers and classes and speeds - what do they actually mean?

Well, here's a really useful YouTube guide that explains all...



It looks like I mostly got it right with my recent purchases of cards - though, according to this guide, I may have skimped on my main 4K video recording card as I had to go with 32GB instead of 64GB.

My initial - budget minded - purchase of memory cards.

However, I did a lot of research myself and I found that a budget recommendation or alternative for the expensive 32GB Lexar card I bought was a 64GB Samsung card. I just managed to squeeze this into my budget as I thought it best to have an alternative card rather than put all my eggs in one basket with a single Lexar. Time will tell if I made the wrong decision.

It will be very interesting to compare the performance of the Lexar and the Samsung - will I have any issues whilst trying to record 4K video? And will my decision to go with a smaller 32GB Lexar card seriously impinge on my productivity?

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment